COVID-19 Update Page
Due to recent events and information concerning the current status of the COVID-19 coronavirus, USA Volleyball has eliminated the sanctioning for all USA Volleyball activities until May 22nd. We will adhere to USA Volleyball and postpone all Houston Junior activities and programing until May 22nd. This is to help ease some of the current virus concerns across the country (and world) while allowing everyone in our volleyball community to take a momentarily pause to ensure the welfare and safety of our athletes, spectators and staff. At that time, we will review the situation and inform all our coaches, athletes and parents of our plan moving forward. During this time, FAST Complex will be closed.
Houston Juniors Training
ALL Houston Juniors Trainings, Lessons, and Programing at BOTH locations have been cancelled through May 22nd. This is in accordance with USA Volleyball and the Lone Star Region’s mandate.
Hotel & Travel Update
Please cancel all flights and hotels for all events that have been cancelled. Please DO NOT cancel any travel arrangements for events that have been postponed or that have not yet been cancelled.
- Lone Star Qualifier EM2 Housing Statement:
- EM2 Housing will be cancelling all of your reservations with the hotels, no action is required on your part. You will receive an email from AES confirming the cancellation. All hotel deposits will be refunded in full to the credit card on file, less the $5.95 transaction fee.
- Please allow 7-10 days for the funds to show up on your card. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 800-603-0917 or email us at email@example.com
- MidEast Qualifier Housing Statement:
- The Housing Directors for your hotel reservations are working with hotels in both St. Louis and Indianapolis to get every reservation cancelled. Please know that we are working diligently to get this completed in a timely manner. We have contacted every hotel and your rooms will be cancelled.
- We appreciate your patience in this process. If you have any questions, feel free to call us at 800-476-0060.
- Northeast Qualifier EM2 Housing Statement:
- With regard to the hotel rooms reserved in Philadelphia, all hotel rooms have been cancelled and credit cards have been deleted from the hotel files. Nothing additional is required of teams or families at this time.
- Should anyone have questions regarding this process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-603-0917.
- Windy City Qualifier MCI Housing Statement:
- There is no action needed at this time regarding your hotel reservation. MCI will be processing all cancellations and refunds in the next 7 business days. Room deposits will be refunded less a processing fee.
- For questions you can email email@example.com
Will My Player Be Penalized For Missing Training Due To Illness
NO playing time will be affected for all players missing due to illness. Houston Juniors utmost priority is our athletes, parents, and coaches. Therefore, we are asking ALL players to STAY HOME if they are sick or have symptoms.
Houston Juniors Training Precautions/Preventative Measures
- We ask all players, coaches, and parents to wash your hands for 20 seconds before and after practice.
- ALL volleyballs will be wiped down with warm water, vinegar, and Clorox solution.
- No sharing water bottles, towels, giving high fives, and/or physical contact.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth, and face.
- Please cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your shirts.
- If you have any symptoms or do not feel well, DO NOT COME!